hamsterdb 2.1.12 - Release Notes
hamsterdb Embedded Storage is a database engine written in C/C++. It is fast,
production-proven and easy to use.
upscaledb is a database engine written in C/C++. It is fast, production-proven
and easy to use.
This is the first public release of upscaledb. It's the successor of hamsterdb,
and merges the closed-source features of hamsterdb PRO: various compression
codecs, AES encryption, CRC32 checksums etc.
The rebranding of hamsterdb to upscaledb came with a few changes, but most of
them can be performed with a simple search/replace. See below for a list.
Visual Studio 2010 is no longer supported.
The file format is compatible to 2.1.11.
- All PRO features were merged
- issue #58 (.NET) - fixed crash in ham_strerror
- Fixing a bug during recovery where modified pages were not recreated
- Make sure that journal is correctly cleared after recovery
- Make sure that errors are not ignored when creating remote cursors
(thanks, Ciprian Niculescu)
- The namespace prefix HAM_ was changed to UPS_
- The namespace prefix ham_ was changed to ups_
- The remote URL specifier ham:// was changed to ups://
- UPS_ENABLE_RECOVERY/HAM_ENABLE_RECOVERY is deprecated; use
- The function ham_db_get_key_count was renamed to ups_db_count
- The function ham_key_get_approximate_match_type was removed
- The functions ham_is_pro, ham_is_pro_evaluation were removed
- The flag HAM_FIND_NEAR_MATCH was removed
- The flag HAM_FIND_EXACT_MATCH was renamed to UPS_FIND_EQ_MATCH
- The function ups_db_get_error was removed
- Visual Studio 2010 is no longer supported